Saturday, October 25, 2008

Reflective Post

I felt that the weblogs were useful for learning purposes. They were a good break from real tutorials because they were so much more flexible. Also I felt that I gave more attention to the readings because I had to write about them. Furthermore I felt that weblogs were a useful way of demonstrating some of the issues that were explored in the lectures. Weblogs take away the intimidation that can be felt in real tutorials and allowed for a more free exchange of ideas, especially for people much like myself who have trouble verbalisng their thoughts in public spaces. Overall the weblogs were one aspect of the course which I enjoyed.

I personally do not believe that I am a cyborg. Yes, I rely on technology, both for my physical well being as well as for my life in general however I still don’t think this alone makes me, or any of us, cyborgs. I still believe that the term cyborg has connotations with a being that is largely artificial and is more machine than human. I think the ability to feel, to have emotions, to be individuals is what keeps us from becomming cyborgs. Furthermore I wouldn’t ever want to see myself as a cyborg.

No comments: