Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Reflective Post

For me the blog was very useful as it enabled me to participate more than I ever would in a physical tutorial. The fact that the blog is asynchronous gave me the time to think and construct a better argument, as opposed to simply trying to say anything in tutorials in order to fulfil the participation criteria for the unit. Also I agree with a previous comment that it ensured the readings were completed and fully engaged with as opposed to merely skim reading. Additionally I think it was beneficial having people present each week via the blog as this offers a different perspective each week and conjures up ideas that I may not have thought of. Overall I thought the blog was successful and an idea that could be useful in other units.

In terms of being a cyborg, in concurrence with others, I too am uneasy with the idea of us all being cyborgs. I understand that society and individuals are now closely linked to technology and it is intrinsic to our everyday lives but I’m not sure I’m convinced with the whole concept. I appreciate that with so many body-altering/enhancing products available in contemporary consumer society people are slowing veering away from being completely natural but still as I have said I’m still not completely comfortable with the idea.

No comments: